Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pride N Joy

The Power of words...Mom would say...
      If you can't say something nice,.
            then don't say anything at all! 
How many times have we blurted out something only to beat ourselves up over it later.  If you are like me, I get excited about something, and I forget that..." I may not"  be the foremost authority on the topic! :)
                                            Anyway
I am the oldest of three girls, and Mom was famous for that line.  We would start arguing over something... usually clothes, bathroom time, or who's turn it was for dishes!  And incidentally, we grew up in Allen Park... with one...bathroom...my poor Dad!  But Mom really made sure we learned ...She made up a game...She used "JOY" dish soap. If we lost control of our (teenage) mouth, she say "that's a J'...then she'd say "you've got an O'...You get the picture...It didn't take long for us to swallow our pride and...
Bite our tongues :)   
                                  Happy Memories Mom!




No comments:

Post a Comment