Monday, December 19, 2011

As I walk through my neighborhood, and observe the gorgeous fall like day, I am reminded of so many days I had wished for the time to do just that! So many days spent working. Being responsible. Making a difference somehow. Not really paying enough attention to the obvious beauty. Oh, please don’t misunderstand me, I really loved working. I'm a type A first-born. I aimed to please with a cherry on top. But as life goes on, we learn, grow, develop and change. Our roots aren’t “recreated”, they just stretch out,  reaching for nourishing water. We become " Rooted and Grounded"

When I was told that "walking" my dog was now going to be a "goal" to reach, and my beloved Skiing was no longer on my "to do" list, I had to look at "walking" my dog differently.  I'm learning to look at "everything" differently!

So what does "walking" have to do with "roots"?...It's paying attention to things you usually miss. A Fall day in December... finding another way to make a difference, thinking about your "roots"... how they influence your life. Have you let them go off in another direction?  2012 is coming...give thought to 2011 and what you want to do differently next year!

Most times you'll find it comes back to your "roots"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment